The Construction Group at Shannon Gracey
The Construction Group at Shannon Gracey is comprised of attorneys who are well versed in construction law, surety law, government contracts, civil litigation in state and federal courts, arbitration, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution procedures. Our attorneys provide experienced representation to contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, sureties, architects, developers, financiers, owners and state and local governments, from the initial design of a project through completion and resolution of the last dispute.
A Comprehensive Approach
From the initial bidding process to the negotiation and drafting of related contracts, our Construction Group provides counsel on all aspects of construction law including single and multi-unit residential developments, offices, high rises and transportation planning.
- Banking & Financial Institutions - We assist with the financing of construction projects including primary, secondary, private equity and mezzanine loans.
- Corporate - Our attorneys help with all legal aspects of the acquisition and development of a commercial or residential construction project.
- Environmental Law - We provide counsel during the pre-acquisition, construction and post-construction phases of property transactions and help structure effective responses to environmental problems including enforcement actions.
- Insurance - We have extensive experience in litigating and defending construction defects as well as other issues impacting the construction industry.
- Labor & Employment - We offer legal counsel relating to unions, federal and state employment law and immigration as well as other issues impacting commercial construction.
- Land Use - Our attorneys appear before local, state and federal regulatory boards and help clients understand zoning ordinances and land use codes regulating the use, construction and modification of structures.
- Litigation / Alternative Dispute Resolution / Appellate - Our Construction Group counsels clients with a view toward keeping the project moving, working to ensure all disputes are addressed in a professional and effective manner. We are experienced in the defense and prosecution of claims for construction defects, design deficiencies, change orders, delay damages, payment issues, extras, mechanics liens, surety bonds and other aspects of a construction project. Our appellate attorneys handle cases in all state and federal appellate courts.
- Real Estate - We assist with land sales and dispositions, real estate investment opportunities, governmental regulations and all aspects of planning a residential or commercial real estate development project.