The Mergers & Acquisitions Group at Shannon Gracey
The Mergers & Acquisition Group has extensive experience with a wide variety of complex transactions including acquisitions and dispositions of assets and stock, sales and conversions, exchange offers, spin-offs, recapitalizations, and related due diligence and documentation, working closely with our clients’ accountants and financial advisors. The attorneys in this Group repeatedly navigate complex transactions by assembling teams to best serve the clients’ goals and strategic objectives.
A Comprehensive Approach
Shannon Gracey leverages a collaborative approach to deliver a wide breadth of technical and legal expertise. The firm’s broad diversification enables us to coordinate legal advice in multiple practice groups.
- Banking & Financial Institutions - We assist our clients with a variety of financing transactions including operational and regulatory matters, senior and subordinated loans, asset-based loans, mezzanine financing, regulatory compliance, letters of credit, acquisition financing and other credit facilities.
- Bankruptcy - We help negotiate, draft and implement plans of reorganization as well as counsel corporate clients on operating under the Bankruptcy Code.
- Corporate, Securities - We handle the full spectrum of corporate and securities work including mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations and restructurings, due diligence, corporate governance, corporate controversy, and document review and drafting.
- Energy - We advise our clients on the acquisition and disposition of mineral interests, equity, debt instruments and other transactions relating to the energy industry, including capital formation and structuring.
- Environmental Law - We have experience with an array of acquisitions of businesses and assets. Our environmental attorneys can assist with selecting and engaging environmental consultants, drafting environmental risk management terms for transaction documents and negotiating solutions if an environmental issue arises.
- Health Care - Our attorneys have extensive experience with purchasing, organizing and representing large physician groups and related services.
- Intellectual Property - Our attorneys provide advice on business transactions including due diligence, property right transfers, start-ups, mergers and acquisitions, trademarks, trade names and securities.
- Labor & Employment - Our attorneys assist with acquisitions and mergers, executive compensation, plant closings, Occupational Safety and Health Administration issues as well as state and federal laws and regulations relating the management of the employer-employee relationship.
- Litigation - Shannon Gracey successfully blends our transactional services with our litigation services, one of the firm’s core competencies for more than 80 years. The attorneys in our Litigation Group provide practical, yet creative solutions to challenges that arise over the course of our client’s business life cycle. We help identify important risks and negotiate to minimize those risks while delivering high quality, timely legal services with high integrity.
- Real Estate - Group members assist in the purchase and disposition of property, transaction and loan documentation and entity formations including joint ventures, partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations.
- Tax - We provide tax counsel on all aspects of acquiring, selling, restructuring and financing businesses. Our tax lawyers regularly assist clients and other attorneys with mergers, acquisitions, recapitalizations, spin-offs, split-ups, issuances of debt and offers and sales of securities.