The Tax Group at Shannon Gracey
The Tax Group at Shannon Gracey has substantial experience advising clients on federal and state tax issues. Our members regularly provide counsel on the tax implications of choice of entity, business transactions, estate planning, compensation and retirement issues and sales and use tax matters. Our clients include corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, professional associations, business trusts, sole proprietorships and individuals. Shannon Gracey attorneys, several of whom have advanced law degrees in tax law, provide innovative and practical tax solutions in today’s complex and changing tax environment.
A Comprehensive Approach
Members of our Tax Group utilize a multi-disciplinary approach to provide comprehensive solutions for our clients’ tax problems and financial challenges.
- Bankruptcy - We advise clients on the potential tax effects of various actions before, during and after bankruptcy, including evaluating the best options for deferring or reducing tax liabilities.
- Corporate - Our attorneys counsel clients regarding tax issues involved in entity formation, start-up entities and day-to-day operations of all forms of established business entities including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures and sole proprietorships, as well as provide advice to their boards, managers, shareholders, members and partners.
- Estate Planning, Trusts & Probate - We provide sophisticated estate tax planning for the accumulation, preservation, management and transfer of wealth. Related to that, our attorneys provide tax advice on compensation planning, retirement planning and various personal tax planning issues.
- Litigation / Alternative Dispute Resolution / Appellate - Members of our Tax Group offer advice and guidance regarding both state and federal tax audits and disputes. We have represented clients before the Internal Revenue Service, state revenue departments, the U.S. Tax Court and federal and state courts on a broad range of income, sales, use and other tax issues.
- Mergers & Acquisitions - We provide tax counsel on all aspects of acquiring, selling, restructuring and financing businesses. Our tax lawyers regularly assist clients and other attorneys with mergers, acquisitions, recapitalizations, spin-offs, split-ups, issuances of debt and offers and sales of other securities.